Friday, January 28, 2011

Prepping for the end of the cleanse

I have a confession - I'm not really going to eat that differently when the cleanse ends tomorrow. This one wasn't about tossing the bad stuff and welcoming more of the good stuff just to reverse most of it when the four weeks end. That might be the way to do it on a four-day detox, but after 28 days, why go back to fewer greens, more acidic and inflammatory foods and less energy? Seems a bit warped.

The juice for breakfast will continue. The salads for lunch. The mostly veg at dinner with whole grains. I'll reintroduce some other whole grains but will try to stay gluten-free as much as possible. I'll likely get my muesli back on, but probably after lunch. I'll make more smoothies and eat more fruit. And raw nuts will become my friend again. But that's pretty much the end of the story. After juicing for six months, I couldn't imagine going without. The plant blood is in my blood.

I'm still waiting for my Crazy Sexy Diet book to arrive and I'm pretty excited about that, but I'm not expecting a big revelation food-wise - rather more info about food combining, pH and more of the stuff to bring into the rest of my life to make the best of this new thang.

And seriously - today I have my last treatment and despite acting like a raging bitch because of my sore boobie, I feel divine. So cheers to all of you tonight, on the eve of the end, and here's to drinking up the green stuff forever after.

6 comments:

  1. Here I am too at the end of the detox and who would have guessed? I think I will continue with the juice and all the veggies etc. I feel good. My blood sugars have been great. I've lost 7 lbs. I needed to be dragged into this thing, but I have enjoyed every minute of it and hope to enjoy it for a long time in the future. A bonus, has been juicing with your Mom every night. It has become a social highlight of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll toast to that, as soon as I get my juicer figured out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a superhero, AJ.

    And I'm stoked about your new juicer, M! RC won't know what hit it with all the juicy energy you'll be throwin' around the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday, when I'm old and grey - hey I mean today, I will make myself a pledge. Not an impossible one but one I think I can stick to. I will juice every morning, eat any grains I want to have in the later part of the day - keep buying a having veggies prepped in the refrig to make it easier to grab a healthy snack instead of a handful of ... of .... garbage! Gadzooks, I can't hardly say the right words any more! I know there will be times that I eat some of the old sinful stuff, but I will not let myself get down on me for doing that, I will just call each day brand new and start with another yummy juice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the juice for breakfast. Plus I still haven't had coffee, nor am I waking up with puffy eyes. So, here's to green/purple juice, but more importantly, here's to finishing your last treatment! You are definitely a superhero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hooked.......I will definitely be keeping up with the juicing. Hell, I even missed it this last week while in Disneyland! As soon as I got home, out came the bag of veggies from the carport, the Breville moved into starting position and juice away. God, it was refreshingly good! Away with all that crap they serve at continental breakfasts.....danishes are more like fatty saucers just waiting to clog something up. Thank goodness, there was plain bran cereal, fruit and ww bagels for this one. Congrats on your last treatment and cheers to you my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete