Friday, September 3, 2010

Wagons Ho!

I'm off to see the wizard again this morning for round four and hopefully the last of the extreme nausea. Although at my onc appointment on Wednesday, Dr. A said the docetaxel/herceptin combo of rounds 5-8 can also inspire one to ride the porcelain bus. Awesomeness.

Chemo days have so far been beautiful, weather-wise, and I'm trying to see the good in that. All I picture, though, is my white-faced self reclining in bed a few hours from now, trying to move as little as possible. Okay, enough wallowing.

My neutrophils were 2.2 at blood test time yesterday morning. Not fabulous, but okay, and definitely high enough to go ahead with the injections today. I did my usual green/carrot juice, green tea, gigantic mug of water routine pre-vein poking. Whether it brought me up or not I'll likely never know, but it made me feel like I was controlling a little bit of something. What's wonderful is that I got my results a few hours later, online no less, through my ehealth (thanks again, S!). If you go to a Lifelab or BC Biomedical Lab to get your bloodwork done, then you can register with the site, get a password mailed to you and then check your results on the site the same time your doc sees them. Genius.

I read Cancer Vixen a couple of weeks ago (you're a doll, CB), and the heroine, a cartoonist for the New Yorker, goes to her chemo appts in Manolos and an assortment of other fab shoes. This is me in another life and another city, but it makes me feel a tad less cancer-like as I don my boring ballet flats and get ready to tackle this one like Clint Eastwood riding through Lago in High Plains Drifter, shooting and raping away, stony-faced, as I try to get a decent shave and bath.

And the best news ever? Lady Kate is looking to adapt Cancer Vixen for the screen. Sweetness.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the book babe! I'm mega enjoying it too. I did not hear this news about the mighty Cate wanting to do an adaptation! Lurve to see it with you when it comes about!

    Big xoxo's

    CB

    ReplyDelete