Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A model student

Saw my onc today and got as close to a Michelin star as a girl can get from this stage in the feast that is cancer. Things are definitely shrinking and softening rather than growing and hardening, which in this case is a good thing.

I am dreading Friday and the fact that I have to miss, for the first time in a long time, the Saanich Fair. It's one of those old fashioned country fairs with fruit & veg, pies, chickens, pigs, a rodeo, rides and cotton candy. And I'll be sipping chicken broth and downing meds in my bed. Boo.

But it's a small thing, I know, in my quest to be a good story. See, I don't want to just beat this thing, grow my hair back and reopen the shop that was my old life. I want to figure stuff out, find some truth amongst the truthiness, become a model cancerian student and turn this blasted cell malfunction into my own army of fabulousness.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on shrinkage! I suspect that many people are taking heart in your comments, as I am, and trying to figure out their own truth and destiny as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock it! Like no one else does. I am reading a book called "Pass it On" so i will let you know how it is and then pass it on to you, my friend. Oh and did i mention you inspire me to greater things, on my journey to self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. S'funny you know, when you were a young student, you always went about your learning in a different way, not necessarily the way the teacher wanted you to learn. Nothing predictable about you, girl. The best thing is that at the end of the school year you always ended up on top of the scholastic heap!

    ReplyDelete