Sunday, September 5, 2010

A pinkish hue

Dare I say I have a bit of a pinkish hue today? And as much as I'd like to be George's ideal woman, I can't admit to a good brow as well. They're a bit thin, but still hangin' around.

I'm down to consuming my rescue pill and my rescue pill alone so far today, but I promised my onc that I would damn the feeling of being backed up and swallow the harsher ondansetron if I really felt the need to hurl. Since Pete will be home tomorrow and the girls go back to school on Tuesday, it will be easier to cope with side affects.

After dealing with the horror that was Friday's round four, I realized I hadn't really honed my "special place"; my vision of calmness or go-to meditation spot that should help me through the rough patches. I have my meditation table, to be sure, but it's a momentary, right in front of me place when I need to focus my brain on tumour blasting thoughts. Being a lapsed Catholic and a girl afraid of all other organized religions, I haven't developed an alternate god to help me through all this garbage that still, after three months, doesn't really seem like it's happening to me.

Then I read all the lovely, sweet comments on this blog o' mine and think, damn, girl. You don't need no stinkin' god. You have all this love n' support out there that gets shot into my heart like a cannon when I need it most. And I do carry that stuff around when I have a brutal moment. Them fightin' words you all give me come back when I think, shoot, man, I can't do this.

So thank you, my peeps. Y'all have given me the pinkish hue.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carissa girl,
    Chip (Roger) sent me this today and I want to share it with you...
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"--Christopher Robin to Pooh.
    you are amazing,
    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carissa,
    I think about you lots and every time I think of you I hug you in my heart.
    Ann
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Whitson ladies. Every time I think of you two I think of "breaking in" to that salon in Market Square to dye our eyelashes black. Awesomeness. Your lovely words are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to remember that incident! I do not "break into" places. It must have been the company I was keeping ...

    ReplyDelete