Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dress me up (but don't take me out just yet)

Got a solid eight hours of sleep last night and actually put on real girl clothes today - tank top and all. Quite impressed with my bad self. Back on extra-strength Tylenol and when it starts to wear off, I swear I can feel every stitch hole and flesh scoop from the surgery. I'm a bit nervous about feeling myself up too much, but definitely notice numbness, stiffness and soreness as the overriding three feelings in the chestal area. But the strangest feeling of all is glancing down and seeing my own stomach. Oh hello there, where have you been the last 20 years?

I'm not as upset about the boobage being gone as I thought I might be. When I think of the agonizing months leading up to the final decision I feel a bit foolish. Right now none of that matters. If I had had the surgery first, it might have been different, but as it is, it just feels logical - like cancer gone = boobies gone. The end.

What feels different is my commitment to wellness. I have a new body now - cancer-free and ready to be filled with juicy goodness. I ain't gonna spoil it with stupid stuff. If not for this snow I'd be taking a walk and speeding up the recovery, but for now I'll relax and scheme my way into the next several months of feeling fantastic and gearing up for the pathology in a couple of weeks. My little brain won't let the result be any less than stellar.

Does this all sound like smoke up yer ass? Cuz I swear it's how I feel right now - likely a post-surgical idiocy, but I feel it nonetheless, so will ride it as long as possible.

Today, the girls come home!! One more step back to wholeness.

4 comments:

  1. You are so amazing, already thinking of running a marathon no doubt. Just make sure you take time out too as healing is all about TLC for yourself. With Pete and the girls by your side, nothing will stop you in your new cancer free life. You're such an inspiration to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! What a relief you must feel right now. After everything you've been through, you're at the end of this journey, but you're starting a new one as well. C-free, juicy wholesomeness, fucking amazing attitude (sorry I had to ruin it with the f word, but man...), and a great future. Boobies, schmoobies, ya don't need them when you have everything else. Stay on the road to recovery, and as E says, take it slow.
    BTW, I'm still juicing and still loving it. How does it feel to have started so many people on such a healthy routine? Thank YOU! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a contant morning juicer who is almost into her 70th decade and my best man is even older, but we would be more than happy to be called "juiceheads" if it would help prove to others that starting your day off right means getting your best nutrition under your belt first thing in the morning and is the way to go. The only regret I have is that we should have been doing it earlier! Sounds like I'm a convert doesn't it ... ! Matter of fact I think you has converted our whole family, give or take some who were already on the right road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting strength from your strength. You are constantly in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete