Monday, February 28, 2011

And I say, it's all right

Quoting lyrics from Here Comes the Sun when you live in Victoria is just stupid. It's sunny here. A lot. No need to expound on its return. And yet today I walked Stella to school and made it back without falling on my arse or collapsing like Scarlett from the horror of it all. And so continues my road to recovery, y'all.

Last night was horrific with Frances - like having a newborn. Up every two hours to soothe her for something or other. Not sure if she's sick again or what but I sent her on her merry way this morning anyhow and am now settled on my beloved sectional, alone for the first time in forever, for a little snooze before a visit from my parents.

Despite the horrible, boring mess that was the Oscars eating up two hours of my life last night (thank you, PVR, for letting me fast forward through James Franco's face and Anne Hathaway's woots), life is good.

4 comments:

  1. So it wasn't just me...it really *was* a bad Academy Awards, wasn't it? Zoicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And only you know how to rock the road to recovery!! Keep up the amazing work. Hope you get more sleep tonight and little Frances sleeps right through. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think James must be taking some of your meds so nice of you to share them. Sounds like you have to make the most of your time on the couch when the little ones are at school. Frances just missed having her beautiful mum around so has to keep checking you are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did we spoil that girl? We loved having her so much! She slept the whole night through while she was here. I think eluned is right - she wants to reassure herself. She'll settle down ...

    ReplyDelete