Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Angling for a big c-free 2011

A matter of days before the great detox experiment of 2011 begins in earnest for as many as 13 peeps. Super exciting.

I know that detoxing means different things to different people and this may even be detox numero uno for some. But whether it's to lose some Santa weight, kick the sugar or caffeine habit, get more of the green stuff into your gullet or just start some fresh eating routines for the new year, one thing we'll all be doing as part of this gig is giving cancer the finger.

See, after all I've read and learned over the past six months, it's us, not hereditary illness and the evil that men do that are making the c-dawg an unwanted visitor for so many people. And by this, I don't mean if you get it, you deserve it. I mean that we can't control our DNA or the fact that we live next to a toxic waste dump and suck on BPA-laden pacifiers, but we can decide to put the best shit into our bodies to counteract all the badness in the world. We do have control over this.

And this, somewhat disturbingly, means more than just following the Canada Food Guide and hanging on to the belief that what the man tells us is good enough. Get so much fruit and veggie goodness into you that cancer doesn't know what the hell is going on. Push your body into alkaline territory so disease has no choice but to say sayonara.

It'll be hard, but then it'll be easier and we'll all win by getting closer to being cancer-free in 2011.

4 comments:

  1. I am very excited for all of us. I hope I can put my thoughts during this month and I hope others will add their thoughts about what is happening to them and what they are wanting and how great they feel, or how yucky they feel. Is that going to be okay with you, Master Carissa?

    I want to feel like I am in this with a lot of other people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great with me, Ma. I know this is going to be hard sometimes, esp. in the beginning, so let's support each other.

    PS - I had Natalia's Green Lemonade this morning and it really did take a whole head of romaine to fill up a big cup of juice. I added a whole green apple instead of the Stevia and it was pretty damn tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is in Natalia's Green Lemonade besides the head of romaine and apple? did you do this instead of the veg/juice drink recipe you gave a couple posts ago, or in addition to? thanks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di - in the green lemonade:

    1 head romaine
    5-6 stalks of kale
    1 apple
    1 lemon (unpeeled) - I cut it in half first
    small chunk of ginger

    I made this once, but can't keep up with the romaine buying needs so this is a version I have every day (once a day, in the morning):

    half bag of spinach
    2 stalks celery
    half a cuke
    2 carrots
    1/4 of a beet
    1 apple
    small chunk of ginger
    half a lemon

    Delish!

    ReplyDelete