Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oh sweet mother of sourness

When I was pregnant with Stella I was a bit queasy, but it wasn't satisfied by any cravings. With Frances, the whole pregnancy was a walk in the park. Now that I'm emerging from my first post-chemo fog, I have a super-size craving for sour.

Despite not actually feeling like puking, I still wear an ever-present shroud of nausea, and the ginger-lemon tea is getting a bit old. So alas... I turn to the pickle. I just returned from my first foray to the shops and managed to pick up all things sour. Ketchup chips, coleslaw, grapefruit, and tangy, no-garlic baby dills. I cranked the bottle open when I got home and sweet mother of Jesus, that was one good pickle. The first good meal I've had since Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Leslie CastellaniJuly 6, 2010 at 8:41 PM

    Carissa,

    I am still in shock and disbelief at what has happened to you. You are definitely one of the strongest women that I know and I have always admired your tenacity and amazing sense of humour. I know that you will kick cancer's ass big time and I am sending you tons of positive thoughts. You are on my mind daily.

    As another mom with barely time to shower, your experience has reminded me to stop and take a few moments to take care of myself. No communications plan or speech will fall to pieces while I take a minute more to check for lumps.

    Thank you for being so open and honest about your experience. Unleash kick ass and stay strong and positive!

    ReplyDelete