Monday, July 18, 2011

I think I'll die another day

One year ago today I was picking hairs off my pillow, off the couch, off my caviar & blinis. Everywhere. I had the short buzz still, not yet Six Flags bald, but quickly heading in that direction. Everything's different today at 39, but I feel the same Rod Stewart fierceness to keep yelling at the c-dawg to get off my damn lawn. I'll never stop being cranky about that.

I'm not going to be all "I'm just happy to be alive" today, because aside for a few moments of sheer dark terror over the past year, I was always determined to make it, for however long I have. So I celebrated longevity by eating a scandalous amount of garbage food (with some green juice to keep away the guilty conscience) and enjoyed every last minute of my birthday. I'm a chocolate-loving human girl after all.

Aw, hell. I am kind of happy just to be alive.

2 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm glad you said that ... now I can go and finish off the rest of your birthday cake that's in our refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you Carissa! Happy birthday my friend. Glad to hear you were able to let loose a bit on your special day, but still include the veggie juice. You have the right attitude that'll take you far in this life. Enjoy the ride! diane xo

    ReplyDelete