Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rock-a-hula luau

I don't know if it was my last post, the shite spring weather we've been having or the fact that my canceritis has that familiar "she might be dead in a year" quality to it, but something inspired my family to book a trip to Kauai with me this August. And I couldn't be more gob-smackingly giddy about it.

My little four-person brood, plus my parents, plus my brother and his family from Edmonton, plus my brother and his family in Victoria are all heading to the Garden Isle this summer to strap on our coconut bras and perform the final number from Grease 2 (don't pretend you haven't seen that masterpiece). Cousins playing in the surf! Barbecued mahi-mahi! Spam breakfast sandwiches from McDonald's! People who won't think I'm insane for packing a juicer in my carry-on so I don't have to eat said spam sandwiches!

S'all good. And I don't even care that cancer may have/did play a part in getting everyone together on foreign soil. I think it's rockin' good times.

3 comments:

  1. You know yourself, that any excuse for a party is the way we look at things in our family. It could be a Bar Mitzvah, St Paddy's Day, Baby's New Tooth day or Pele's Birthday ... we are just so happy that we actually found a time that we are all available, and we don't even need an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds awesome Carissa!! What a LOT of fun. Whatever the reason, you're all gonna be together spamming, juicing, and dancing. I love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. rent hula dancers

    ReplyDelete