Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A new set

I've been pestering my plastic surgeon to meet with me again so we can begin to talk about installing the new set. Dr. T's office finally got back to me today with an appointment date and the surgery already scheduled for November 8.

A bit sooner than I expected, but I'll take it. It's time to make the transition from Barbie to Posh. I'm ready. What I'm not so keen about is having to go under and invite the knife back into my life. I have this fear that they'll stitch me up and there will be a cancer cell or two hanging around the incision, waiting to organize and attack as my healthy cells are busy healing.

I'll get over the angst. Especially now that I know my Frances bean has to get surgery on her neck in a few months. That just opened up a whole new bundle of worry. She has a thyroglossal duct cyst, which is basically this smooth cystic lump on her neck, under her chin. The ear/nose/throat doc said today she was likely born with it, that the ultrasound we had taken last week was inconclusive as to whether the lump was cystic or solid, and that it didn't matter anyhow, cuz it should be removed, along with the tiny bone it sits on, so it doesn't become malignant when she grows up. So tiny Frances has to get her neck sliced open and a cyst removed, staying overnight in the hospital. Ballz. Let me count all the ways that freaks the shit out of me.

But she's a tough bird. She'll take it all in and look up at the doc with her big eyes, all trusting like, and I'll lose it.

So I get new boobs. Frances gets a new neck. We're fallin' apart (or rather being put back together) here, people!

To celebrate this new Frankenstein existence, Pete and I are escaping to Point No Point this weekend for two days of being unplugged on the wild west coast. Bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Can we count on pictures? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. november 8????? holy crap, that's close! well, like they say, there's no time like the present. if Frances is anything like her mom (and I know she is), she'll come out of this with flying colors. saying prayers for her and for you and your new set! all the best. xo diane

    ReplyDelete